For Immediate Release: May 20, 2016
Contact: HCA Communications (714) 834-2178, HCAComm@ochca.com
Orange County Task Force Launches Drowning Prevention Campaign
Who: The Orange County Task Force on Drowning Prevention will launch a countywide messaging campaign using OCTA buses.
When: Wednesday, May 25 at 10:30 a.m.
Where: Wlliam Woollett Aquatic Center, 4601 Walnut Ave, Irvine
What: The Orange County Task Force on Drowning Prevention will unveil the messaging used on OCTA buses with a large, wrapped OCTA bus. Speakers will address the importance of drowning prevention efforts and consistent messaging in Orange County. Children’s swim lessons will also be taking place in the outdoor pool.
- Julie Lopiccolo, Jasper Ray Foundation
- Todd Spitzer, Supervisor, Third District and OCTA Board Member
- Jeff Lalloway, City of Irvine Councilman and OCTA Board Member
- Stephanie Najera on behalf of Al Murray, Chairman of Drowning Prevention Task Force and OCTA Board
- Assistant Sheriff Toni Bland, OCSD
- One on One Interviews with Three Families who Tragically Lost Children to Drowning
- Julie Lopiccolo and Jonathan St. Clair (21-month-old son drowned in a backyard pool)
- Foster Parnell (18-year-old son drowned at the beach)
- Ernie Susman (3 ½-year-old daughter drowned in a community spa)