By Annie Brown
IUSD students in grades three to eight, 10 and 11, who participated in the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP), will receive their assessment results by mail in late September or early October. Below is important information about the assessments, score reports and what they mean to you and your child. For more information, visit iusd.org/statewide-testing.
CAASPP assessments include:
Grades 3-8 & 11
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessment in English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics
- California Alternative Assessment Field Test (alternate assessment for students with special needs)*
Grades 5, 8 & 10
- California Standards Tests Science
- California Modified Assessment Science (modified for students with special needs)
- California Alternate Performance Assessment Science (alternate assessments for students with special needs)
New Scores Cannot be Compared to Old Scores
The Smarter Balanced assessments are aligned with the new state standards and are scored in a completely new way. Therefore, scores from these new assessments cannot be compared to older state testing scores. Click here for a sample score report.
The New Assessments Provide a Baseline for Future Progress
The new assessment results will provide students with a baseline to track progress over time. As our students and schools become more familiar with the new assessments, we expect the …read more
Read more here:: Irvine Unified News