News Release City of Irvine
Public Information Office
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PRESS RELEASE: #15-01-08
Contact : Public Information Office, 949-724-6077, firstname.lastname@example.org
IRVINE, CA (January 8, 2015): The City of Irvine, in partnership with Orange County United Way, Irvine Valley College and the Orange County One-Stop Center, is offering free tax preparation services to taxpayers who earned less than $60,000 in 2014. Qualifying taxpayers who live, work or attend school in Irvine can receive help filing their taxes from IRS-trained and certified volunteers, who will also assist eligible taxpayers in receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit when applicable.
Free tax preparation services are available at the following Irvine locations:
- Cypress Community Park, 255 Visions, Irvine
- February 3-April 14Tuesdays: 5:30-9 p.m. and Thursdays: 4-9 p.m.; 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on April 14
- Orange County One-Stop Center, 125 Technology Drive, Suite 200, Irvine
- Fridays: February 6-April 10, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Irvine Valley College, 5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine Business Sciences and Technology Innovation Center
- Saturdays: January 31-April 11 (Closed February 14 and April 4)10 a.m.-3 p.m. on January 31 and April 11; 10 a.m.–2 p.m. all other Saturdays
Eligible taxpayers with Internet access can also file their federal and state tax return online for free at MyFreeTaxes.com. For more information or to schedule a tax appointment, contact Orange County United Way at 1-888-434-8248.
Since its incorporation in 1971, Irvine has become a nationally recognized city, with a population of 242,651, spans 66 square miles and is recognized as one of America’s safest and most successful master-planned urban communities. Top-rated educational institutions, an enterprising business atmosphere, sound environmental stewardship, and respect for diversity all contribute to Irvine’s enviable quality of life. This family-friendly city features more than 16,000 acres of parks, sports fields and dedicated open space and is the home of the Orange County Great Park – the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century. For more information, please visit cityofirvine.org.