PRESS RELEASE, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 21, 2014
CONTACT: Lynn Schott,949-433-1502
Irvine Planning Commissioner Lynn Schott for the Irvine City Council
IRVINE – Lynn Schott, A member of the City of Irvine’s Planning Commission since 2012, has announced that she will be running for the Irvine CIty Council this year in the November General Election.
In addition to her service on the Irvine Planning Commission, Schott previously served on the Irvine Community Services Commission, from 2010-2012, having been appointed by Dr. Choi.
Schott, a 29-year resident and the owner and founder of Irvine’s Founders Academy, is a highly qualified candidate who will bring her experience and knowledge of the issues to the Irvine City Council where she hopes to build on the considerable successes of the current Council.
The Orange County Register endorsed Schott for the Irvine City Council, noting: “If preserving Irvine’s prestige, ensuring fiscal discipline and making progress for the city are of concern, voters should support Lynn Schott.”
Schott’s platform includes:
- Continue to build the Great Park
- Manage growth carefully as the city reaches build out
- Focus on business attraction and retention programs
- Revitalize aging city facilities without raising taxes
What are Irvine’s city leaders saying about Lynn Schott?
- I endorse Lynn Schott to become our next Irvine City Council Member. She has my Vote of Confidence. Dr. Steven Choi, Mayor of Irvine
- I am confident that Lynn Schott will be an excellent representative for the city of Irvine as our next councilwoman. – Jeff Lalloway, Irvine City Council Member
- Lynn Schott is my top choice for the Irvine City Council. – Christina Shea, Irvine City Council Member
Schott recognizes that Irvine is a wonderful place to live, have a business, and raise a family. There are challenges that must be met today to secure a vibrant and prosperous future – Schott is ready to meet the challenges!
To learn more about Schott’s campaign visit http://lynnschott.com/.