Irvine Police Department
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE #6-29-2014
Contact: 7112, email@example.com
IRVINE, CA (June 29, 2014): In August, 2013, the Irvine Police Department received $52,875 in grant funding from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) to aggressively pursue “zero tolerance” enforcement of underage drinking laws and other alcohol related violations.
During this one-year grant period, Irvine Police Detectives partnered with ABC personnel to coordinated the following grant-funded activities:
- Two Licensee Education on Alcohol and Drugs (LEAD) – Trainings for personnel from local establishments on checking identification, signs of illicit drug activity, techniques for refusing service and California alcohol laws.
- 26 Shoulder Tap, Minor Decoy, Under-cover, Concert/Special Event and Directed enforcement operations which resulted in 31 arrests and 81 citations.
- Five Informed Merchants Preventing Alcohol-Related Crime Tendencies (IMPACT) meetings/inspections with off-sale (merchants) and on-sale (service) establishments.
Additionally, the Irvine Police Department added two public service announcements to its, “Got-A-Minute” video series. The public service announcements feature Irvine police officers educating the Community about social hosting and driving under the influence.
The Irvine Police Department is proud to work in partnership with the California Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control who generously funded this yearlong campaign through its Grant Assistance Program.
Got-A-Minute video links:
- Irvine Police Department ‘Got-a-Minute’ – Irvine’s Social Host Ordinance
- Irvine Police Department ‘Got-a-Minute’ – DUI Prevention
IRVINE POLICE DEPARTMENT
One Civic Center Plaza, Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 724-7000 www.irvinepd.org
“Working In Partnership with the Community”
INTEGRITY – QUALITY SERVICE – ACCOUNTABILITY – RESPECT
Since its incorporation in 1971, Irvine has become a nationally recognized city, with a population of 242,651, spans 66 square miles and is recognized as one of America’s safest and most successful master-planned urban communities. Top-rated educational institutions, an enterprising business atmosphere, sound environmental stewardship, and respect for diversity all contribute to Irvine’s enviable quality of life. This family-friendly city features more than 16,000 acres of parks, sports fields and dedicated open space and is the home of the Orange County Great Park – the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century. For more information, please visit cityofirvine.org.