Enjoy free admission to a performance of Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater at UCI’s Claire Trevor School of the Arts, by the UCI Symphony, on Friday, January 31, 2014, at 8 pm, at Winifred Smith Hall. The general public is welcome!
This performance will be conducted by Stephen Tucker and will feature Melissa McCann as the Soprano and G. Thomas Allen as the Countertenor.
Stabat Mater is a musical setting of the Stabat Mater sequence, composed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi in 1736. Composed in the final weeks of Pergolesi’s life, it is scored forsoprano and alto soloists, violin I and II, viola and basso continuo (cello and organ), according to Wikipedia.
- “Stabat Mater Dolorosa” Grave, F minor, common time; duet
- “Cujus animam gementem Andante amoroso, C minor, 3/8; soprano aria
- “O quam tristis et afflicta” Larghetto, G minor, common time; duet
- “Quae moerebat et dolebat” Allegro, E-flat major, 2/4; alto aria
- “Quis est homo” Largo, C minor, common time; duet
- —”Pro peccatis suae gentis…” Allegro, C minor, 6/8
- “Vidit suum dulcem natum” Tempo giusto, F minor, common time; soprano aria
- “Eja mater fons amoris” Andantino, C minor, 3/8; alto aria
- “Fac ut ardeat cor meum” Allegro, G minor, cut common time; duet
- “Sancta mater, istud agas” Tempo giusto, E-flat major, common time; duet
- “Fac ut portem Christi mortem” Largo, G minor, common time; alto aria
- “Inflammatus et accensus” Allegro ma non troppo, B-flat major, common time; duet
- “Quando corpus morietur” Largo assai, F minor, common time; duet
- —”Amen…” Presto assai, F minor, common time
NOTE: If you want to Google us, use this address 4004 Mesa Road, Irvine 92617
General and handicapped parking are available in structures (P14A) on Mesa Rd for School of the Arts venues and (P4) for the Irvine Barclay Theatre and Winifred Smith Hall. Event parking is $8. For more parking information and maps, please click here.