The holiday season will be coming to an end soon, so if you have a tree that needs disposal, here are the details for Irvine residents exactly as stated on the City’s website:
Christmas Tree Pickup For residents who…
have curbside recycling:
- Waste Management will pick-up and recycle trees from curbside for the first three weeks (December 26 thru January 17) following Christmas on your collection day.
- Please remove all decorations (tinsel, ornaments, tree stand, etc.) from the tree.
- If the tree is taller than 4 feet, please cut it in half and place it in your green waste bin.
- Flocked trees cannot be recycled but will be picked up
do NOT have curbside recycling:
- Sunset Environmental will accept trees starting on December 26 thru January 18
- Facility will be closed Christmas Day and the New Years Day.
- Residents must show proof of residence in Irvine.
- For additional questions, please call Waste Management at 949-642-1191
The City of Irvine’s website also states: “Orange County residents may also drop-off their Christmas trees to be recycled at Waste Management’s Sunset Environmental Transfer Station: 16122 Construction Circle West, Irvine, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm; Saturday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. For more information, please contact Waste Management at 949-642-1191”
And …read more
Read more here: Irvine Housing Blog