Be a smart shopper this holiday season. Now that the shopping rush is underway, here are some helpful tips from the Irvine Police Department to make your holiday shopping safer:
- Always keep valuables hidden or stored in the truck of the vehicle.
- Don’t forget to ‘Remove It or Lose It’ when leaving your car unattended, even for a moment.
- Leaving items such are purses, briefcases and book bags in the vehicle, even when there are no valuables inside, may be an attractive target for a thief.
- GPS devices should be stored out of sight when not in use.
- Make sure you lock your car even when just running inside a store for a quick purchase.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Keep your purse close to you at all times; don’t leave it in a shopping cart.
- When dropping off bags or items in your car to continue shopping, make sure you put them in the truck or out of view.
- If you plan to make an expensive purchase, consider leaving that for the last and take it directly home.
Read more here: Councilman Jeff Lalloway