In my post last week, which highlighted three homes in Irvine’s most affordable category, I noted that 2 of these 3 homes had recent price reductions. Since many of the local news reports had been reporting on the multiple offers for homes that have been for sale recently, I started wondering if the tide is shifting and if reductions in other categories of the Irvine housing market were becoming less prevalent. So I took a look at the homes that Redfin has listed as the most popular in Irvine. I found that of the approximately 40 homes that Redfin currently lists in their most popularly viewed category, six have recent price reductions. Below is some information on these homes.
• $720,000 ($317 per square foot)
• 4 beds/2 baths (2,268 square feet)
• Attached home built in 1968
• University Park Neighborhood
• HOA: $185/month
• Mello Roos: none listed
• Reduced September 29 from the original list price of $750,000
Note: Sale pending/back-up offers accepted as of October 12. Sold in February 2004 for $545,000.
• $769,000 ($320 per square foot)
• 5 beds/3.5 baths (2,400 square feet)
• Single-family home built in 1969
• Westpark Neighborhood
• HOA: $75/month
• …read more
Read more here: Irvine Housing Blog