Ernst & Young Announces Finalists for 2013 Entrepreneur Of The Year® Awards in Orange County
Irvine, CA, May 8, 2013 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced 18 finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award in Orange County. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These finalists were selected from nearly 75 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special awards gala on Thursday, June 6, at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point. The 2013 finalists are:
- AppleCare Medical Management, Buena Park – Dr. Vinod Jivrajka, CEO
- Car Sound Exhaust Systems, Rancho Santa Margarita – Jerry Paolone, Chairman, Founder, CEO
- Carl Warren & Company, Placentia – Caryn Siebert, President, CEO
- CoreLogic, Inc., Irvine – Anand Nallathambi, CEO
- CyberCoders & CareerBliss, Irvine – Heidi Golledge, CEO, Founder
- DealerSocket, San Clemente – Jonathan Ord, CEO
- Diamond Wipes International, Inc., Chino – Eve Yen, Founder, President
- Global Cash Card, Irvine – Michael Purcell, Founder, Exec. VP, CMO
- Montage Hotels & Resorts, Laguna Beach – Alan Fuerstman, Founder, CEO
- MSC Software, Santa Ana – Dominic Gallello, President, CEO
- Nature’s Best, Brea – Jim Beck, CEO
- nuCourse Distribution Inc., Garden Grove – Nick Seedorf, President
- Opus Bank, Irvine – Stephen Gordon, Founding Chairman, CEO
- System & Software Enterprises, Brea – Joseph Renton, Founder, Chairman
- The Bascom Group, LLC, Irvine – Jerry Fink & David Kim, Co-Founders, Managing Partners
- The Johnny Rockets Group, Inc., Aliso Viejo – John Fuller, President, CEO
- Tilly’s, Inc., Irvine – Hezy Shaked, Founder, Chairman, CSO
- TRI Pointe Homes, Inc., Irvine – Doug Bauer, CEO; Mike Grubbs, CFO; Tom Mitchell, COO
Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, Calif., on Nov. 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards is nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In Orange County, local sponsors include: Marsh Insurance, Union Bank, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth, LLP, Scherzer International, Smart Business magazine and HKA, Inc. Marketing Communications.
About Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
About Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. Ernst & Young is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at EY_Growth.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. For more information, please visit ey.com.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited operating in the US.