ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
Case # TBA
Date: July 20, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA) is seeking the public’s help in identifying potential additional victims of a music teacher who was charged today with committing lewd and lascivious acts on two students under the age of 14 from his music school, “Music Town.”
Defendant: Randal “Randy” Letcher Scott, 57, Irvine
- (2) Lewd acts upon a child under the age of 14
- Sentencing Enhancements
- Multiple victims
- Substantial sexual contact with a child
Maximum Sentence: 30 years to life in state prison, Lifetime sex offender registration
Arraignment: July 20, 2017, 10:00 a.m. at Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crimes, Scott was a music teacher and owner of Music Town, a music education business with locations in the cities of Cypress and Irvine.
- Between October 2015 and December 2015, the defendant is accused of committing a lewd act upon 5-year-old Jane Doe 1, a student at Music Town.
- During November 2016, the defendant is further accused of sexually assaulting 6-year-old Jane Doe 2, who was also a student at Music Town.
- The Cypress Police Department (CPD) and Orange County Sheriff’s Department investigated this case.
CPD arrested Scott on July 18, 2017.
The investigation in this case is ongoing. Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact CPD Detective Deanna Hartman 714-229-6738 or OCDA Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman 714-347-8794
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Bobby Taghavi, Sexual Assault Unit
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff