- Buy a bike that is the right size, not one your child has to “grow into.” Oversized bikes are especially dangerous.
- Your child needs to wear a helmet on every bike ride, no matter how short or how close to home. Many accidents happen in driveways, on sidewalks and on bike paths–not just on streets.
- Buy a helmet that meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety standards. Look for the CPSC sticker when purchasing a helmet.
- Be seen by wearing bright clothing and attach reflectors to bicycles.
- Don’t let loose clothing such as pant legs and skirts or back pack straps …read more
Read more here: Councilman Jeff Lalloway